The History of Douglas Lake Ranch spans a period of some 130 years dating back to the mid 1880s. In fact, Douglas Lake Ranch itself traces its name back to 1872 when John Douglas Sr. homesteaded his first 320 acres along its shore of its namesake lake.
In July of 1998 the Woodward family sold to Bernard J. Ebbers, a Canadian born resident of Jackson, Mississippi, who then sold the ranch to a fellow American 2003. The company has since grown its land base through the purchase of the Alkali Lake Ranch (Williams Lake, BC) in 2008 consisting of 37,000 acres, the purchase of the James Cattle Company (adjacent to Alkali) in 2012 consisting of 22,000 acres, the 2013 the purchase of the Quilchena Cattle Company (28,000 acres), and the purchase of Riske Creek Ranching in 2015 consisting of 22,000 deeded and 9,500 leased acres adding an additional 120,000 acres to the Douglas Lake Cattle Company.
Total deeded acres are currently at 271,000 with an additional 1,023,000 +/- acres of crown grazing between all company holdings bringing the company’s total acreage to over 1.2 million.
Douglas Lake Ranch has proven to be truly inventive. Reaching out to the Tourism Industry with it’s availability of private lakes, Douglas Lake Ranch provides dedicated anglers with some of the best and exclusive stillwater fly-fishing in North America. Our lakes are rich with hard fighting Kamloops Rainbow Trout, weighing up to ten pounds.
Moving forward Douglas Lake Cattle Company continues to innovate and remains on the cutting edge of the Canadian beef industry. We are continually striving to improve our cow herd through careful performance based genetic selection and sound management practices that set the standard for excellence. Douglas Lake Cattle Company continues to foster a culture of uncompromising quality, sustainability and environmental stewardship while striving to invest in its people and the local community.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.